To the Teacher
- Make copies of the illustrated story, “Jimmy and Rolf-Ola Uglyzit” (see Teachers’ Guide) for each partner group.
- Download Comic Strip Paper and make copies for the class (two per student).
- Have students work in pairs following the instructions below.
- Post completed stories on a bulletin board or make copies for the class.
- If you plan to make copies for the class, have students write and illustrate their stories in pencil only. They can color the copy.
To the Student
- Read the illustrated story, “Jimmy and Rolf-Ola Uglyzit.”
- With your partner, plan an illustrated story that uses the dialogue, “Leave him alone. He’s my friend.” or “Leave her alone. She’s my friend.”
- Write the title and your names in the first box and a sentence and/or dialogue in each additional box.
- Number the boxes.
- Revise, edit, and illustrate your story.
- Instead of sentences, you may choose to write what the characters are thinking or saying. If so, draw think bubbles or dialogue bubbles after you write the words.
- Make words and drawings dark so that your story can be copied for others to read.