Word Problem Paper
To the Teacher
- Download Word Problem Paper and make copies for the students.
- Together write a word problem about sheaves of wheat and the brothers.
- Have children write an equation and/or draw a picture to solve the problem in the work space provided.
- If necessary, write several word problems together before children create their own with a partner.
- List the words that students may need in order to write their word problems, such as brothers, sheaves, wheat, bushels, corn, and apples.
- Keep problems simple.
To the Student
- Work with a partner to write word problems.
- Print neatly and use a question mark at the end of a question.
- Write and/or draw solutions to your word problems on the back of your papers.
- Exchange papers with another groups.
- Solve and check word problems.